Agios Georgios Sikoussis is built on a hilltop. The village has a wonderful view over Chios’ Kampos, the sea and the coast of Asia Minor. The community was founded in 1518 by monk Sophronius Sepsis, who organized the first settlement around the deserted monastery of Agios Georgios. Its church is believed to be an exact copy of Nea Moni and despite the fact that it has gone through many renovations, it still enjoys the prestige of its past. There are two more fine churches in the village, Agios Panteleimon and Agios Nikolaos, erected in 1849 and 1864 respectively. Narrow roads with arches and houses built tightly close to each other compose an exquisite traditional picture. Most of the villagers are farmers, merchants and seamen, while a significant part of its population has emigrated abroad.